04 September 2010

Havin' fun, doin' nails

I was watching online tutorials for stuff and I saw one for 'Half-Moon' manicures by Jennifer on The Looks for Less and I decided 'why the hellz not?' I'm sitting here in front of my computer checking PsycInfo for stuff anyway so this is what happened.

First I painted my nailz white

I think that my first problem happened at this stage - if you are going to paint your nail and then paint another colour over it, it needs to be a smooth finish, so you need to use a good quality nailvarnish. I am not picky so the white nailvarnish I used was one I bought from Poundland (not joking). It's 'New York Colour' in 'French White'. It's ok, but you do need about eighty layers for it to be proper white.

The I put on the little reinforcer circles - good call Jennifer! She was less wasteful than me and actually cut them in half so as not to waste any. I couldn't be bothered so I just slapped them on any old way (*shameful*) and painted my nails!
Here came my next problem...placing them. How far up the nail do you go? How much do you leave white? My hands don't really match. As I said though, I'm kinda of a shambolic bitch. I painted my nails the cuuutest colour I have. It's Rimmel (obvs, most of my nailvarnish is Rimmel) 60 seconds in 409 Coral Crush. Mmm Mmm Mmm!

So here is the finsihed product!
If you look closely they are very shabbily done but as I said I'm a shabby girl so I really liked them! I also usually have just chipped block colour on them so it was a nice change! All evening I was staring at my nails, lovin' it!

I'm loving online tutorials right now. I was looking at ones for Victory Rolls, I feel like they're going to be vair difficult (even though all the videos are like 2 minutes long - lying bitches). I didn't bother doing my hair today but I think I'll give it a go tomorrow.

For now, get it bucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment