12 March 2011

Fade Street

I have been meaning to blog about this for-ev-uurr but I'm only getting round to it nowz.


So basically I have always said I should have a reality tv show - I know erry ho' up in here thinks that but whatevs, my version would be hawt. My friends and I used to joke that we had a version called 'The Fields' and then we went to LDN for the weekend and we called that one 'The Gherkin' heh heh heh. So when I heard last summer that RTE were doing an IRISH REALITY TV SHOW I was puuuure raging I wasn't on that bill.

These ho's were. Anyhooz.

I watched with bated breath and I have to say it was my favourite thing OF ALL TIME! Literally the most ridiculous, shameful, low-rent, unintionally funny, scripted piece of reality shit I EVER SAW!

AKA I loved it.

This is funny.

I am so shit at explaining things concisely so I'll will try not to bore the flaps off any readers. There is a street in Dublin called 'Fade Street'. It isn't particularly cool even so I was bemused by it even being set there. Ithas one good bar, one shit bar, it used to have a record store and (human interest) it has a tanning salon where I used to indulge in the sun-beds.

The main females are Dublin model Vogue Williams (I wonder what her real name is? Margaret? Sheila? Candice?). She is smoking hot. Shes a model, now trying to get into acting. She dates infamous but toally secret Dublin graffiti/artist Maser which has made me crazy with curiosity to see what he looks like - he must be a big ride to have bagged this Irish hottie. Anyway, she comes across as really sound and a bit of a sketch and only a little tennsy bit retarded. In Fade Street she was an intern (whaaa? Really?? Original) on Irish mag 'Stellar' for the summer.

Fellow 'Stellar' intern and Fade Street main female is Louise Johnson. She is a former economics student at UCD (my alma mater, hawt) and wannabe PR/events bitch. She seems REALLY uptight but with some glimmer of soundness peaking through. I think she would be the girl you would hate at first and then after one mental night of drinking and honest confabs she'd be your bro4lyf. She's also suuuper cute.

I maybe should have done this next gurl first as she's kind of the 'main player' but my own personal feelings toward her prevented me. So her name is Dani Robinson and shes a Lauren Conrad figure (ie coming from 'somewhere else' to 'the big city'...gag me). She's from Wexford (take a moment for a lil lol) and a big bogger (country bumpkin) and wants to become a tatoo artist (another lol). She seems really immature and silly and selfish and clueless...I'm sorry! I don't want to be mean but I'm literally sayin what I'm seein. She gets a lot of dick tho...kudos

Right so Dani and Louise are living together (totally improbablebut ok - suspension of disbelief). Then Dani's totally ridey friend Cici comes on the scene with her plethora of 'hot locations' and 'single men'.

Cici Cavanagh is a bit of a ride to be fair and also in all fairness she doesn't seem the total douchebag. She does seem like a bit of an eijit and I'd say you'd get sick of hanging out with her after about three months. As with most hot alternative girls in Dublin I would guess she works in Urban Outfitters.
Total ride.

They basically go around doing the exact same things the girls in The Hills did except on a much shitter level and with way more obvious scripting (there was a situation where Vogue left bags of expensive clothes in the boot of a taxi - like puhlease).

'Stellar' magazine, where they intern, which fired Vogue and then fired Louise but still seems to have a huge role in the show, is actually very good. I found like the only place in B'fast that stocks it and buy it the whole time.

The editior is Susan Vasquez. I cannot find a good photo of her on the internet but here is a not-ver-good-one

She is a scary bitch, who rules her ship with an iron fist and looks like Brisbane Barbie but with the cold, dead eyes of a contract killer.

The other boss there is Michael O'Doherty, who may or may not be the biggest penis in Ireland but I'm leaning toward the latter. I think he may be the publisher or something? I know he was introduced on the show as something but I don't listen to facts. Anyway, I find it hard to understand why an oul lad my Da's age is on the telebox shaming himself making a load of girls lives miserable??? He's an utter sociopath. He had a party in Dublin A-List shithole 'Krystle' and when Dani and her 'rocker' friends turned up (lets just take a minute to lol over 'rocker friends')he took a conniption and started ranting about 'tatooed fuckwits'. It was Irish comedy gold.

It's the fucking best! Season One is over and there is some disagreement whether Season Two will happen but it must! It simply must!

The Man of Fade Street deserve their own post so Imma go ahead on and come back to that...but I will leave you with a picture of Dani and a bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment