25 March 2011

Rude Batch!

So I was talking to a girl in my work the other day (who is engaged) and I casually said, "Raging, there's only one engagment ring in Tiffany in gold" and she was all "Oh mummy! Not being rude but seriously? You'll hardly be getting a Tiffany ring!".

I think it might have something to do with being 26 and single - your whole ideas or whaterr on meeting someone and getting engaged are sooooo abstract and vague that as a girl who is actually engaged she was able to see far clearer - bitch please, ain't no point hoping aiigh'?

The thing is though, I can't imagine NOT putting in money toward my engagment ring - is this cray-zay? I just can't imagine being all "Yea, I want the right ring and that's gonna cost some coin...namsayin'?". I'd rather be like... "Oooh babe, this is the rock - les go halfers" and kinda just arrange it before he really knew what was happening.

I think I was so pissed off cuz I was thinking, don't put me into YOUR box, you didn't and wouldn't receive a Tiffany engagement ring but it would mean nothing to you and it's never been your dream. It's been mine. I just want one. That's just the way it is. So just let me have my own dreams and you can have yours and les all live in perfect harmoney.

Also because the chances of me EVER meeting someone and settling down are slim to NONE I already havez me a backup plan. My right-hand-rock. I'm going to buy myself a serious piece of stone for my right hand, I'll scrimp, I'll save, I'll go without because it is MY DREAM to have a diamond all mine own. And it's fine if you think thats ridiculous and preposterous - because maybe I am ridiculous and preposterous.

Mwahz.


No comments:

Post a Comment